- 10 years as a User experience Designer
- 7 years conducting user-centered research
- 20 years coding in front-end languages
- 3+ years designing and coding eCommerce sites
- 5 years designing SaaS applications
- 10+ years designing for B2C
- 5 years designing for B2B
Between taking on my own clients, contracts, and community work I've designed for quite a few industries:
- Real Estate
- Personal Development
- Graduated from The Savannah College of Art and Design, May 2009
- Majored in Industrial Design with a minor in Interaction Design
- Also took 4 years of courses in Visual Effects and minored in Compositing
In my user-centered design process all elements should be backed by evaluation and contained by research:
Skills and Services
- Lead the user-centered design process within a new or pre-existing agile environment.
- Improve or redesign an existing interface, website, web-based software.
- Produce new processes, design systems, and design specs.
- Train individuals about accessibility and its effect within their respective role.
- Congregate business requirements by planning and conducting stakeholder interviews, requirements workshops, competitor benchmarking, analyzing, and reporting my findings.
- Gather insights on the user by conducting contextual research, usability testing, writing surveys, expert reviews, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, and cultural probes.
- Uncover the user needs and wishes by analyzing my findings and articulating it with task models, user journeys, personas, user tasks, and experience maps.
- Solve for user pain points while still meeting business requirements through an iterative process of ideation workshops, information architecture, card sorting, sketches, wireframes, low and high fidelity prototypes.
- Prototype my designs in a variety of applications like inVision app, Axure, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Sketch as well as code it for an interactive prototype for testing and development.
- Design logos, digital and print marketing material, animations, video, photography and create a branding guide.
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, photographers, videographers, directors, legal, stakeholders, project managers, product owners, quality assurance testers, sales, business executies and analysts.
- Design and front-end code a web-based interface to be WCAG 2.1 compliant.
- Conduct user-testing, design a MVP, and plan a roadmap for future releases and updates.
When I'm not working I like to cook, travel the world, and work with the youth. I attempt to try a new recipe once a month and travel abroad 2-3 times a year. I have worked with youth in the foster care system, helping them to get to college and pursue their dreams. My last two years in Brooklyn, I taught students in under-resourced high schools how to code in front-end languages, preparing them for paid summer interns as junior developers. I have taken on some of those high school students as interns, showing them how to take designs and code them, pixel perfect. I also volunteer my design services to local churches and non-profits.