- 11 years as a User experience Designer
- 8 years conducting user-centered research
- 20 years coding in front-end languages
- 6 years designing SaaS applications
- 10+ years designing for B2C
- 5 years designing for B2B
Between taking on my own clients, contracts, and community work I've designed for quite a few industries:
- Real Estate
- Personal Development
- Graduated from The Savannah College of Art and Design, May 2009
- Majored in Industrial Design with a minor in Interaction Design
- Also took 4 years of courses in Visual Effects and minored in Compositing
In my user-centered design process all elements should go through iterative evaluatoin and contained by research:
Skills and Services
- Introduce the Ux Process to a development team.
- Manage up to four applications at once, with focus on product strategy, the Ux process as apart of development, team collaboration and culture, standardizing Ux deliverables and documentation.
- Improve, redesign, building upon, and create new web-based applications and web-based features.
- Introduce new processes, design systems, and design specs.
- Provide design leadership by educating, providing insight, communicating, and collaborating with stakeholder groups.
- Train individuals about accessibility and its effect within their respective role.
- Collaborate closely with business and the product team to create an accessible, user-centered, and wholistic software design to fix experience-rot and stick within the vision and purpose of each application.
- Congregate business requirements by planning and conducting stakeholder interviews, requirements workshops, competitor benchmarking, analyzing, and reporting my findings.
- Gather insights on the user by conducting contextual research, usability testing, writing surveys, expert reviews, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, and cultural probes.
- Uncover the user needs and wishes by analyzing my findings and articulating it with task models, user journeys, personas, user tasks, and experience maps.
- Solve for user pain points while still meeting business requirements through an iterative process of ideation workshops, information architecture, card sorting, sketches, wireframes, low and high fidelity prototypes.
- Prototype my designs in a variety of applications like inVision app, Axure, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Sketch as well as code it for an interactive prototype for testing and development.
- Design logos, digital and print marketing material, animations, video, photography and create a branding guide.
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, photographers, videographers, directors, legal, stakeholders, project managers, product owners, quality assurance testers, sales, business executies and analysts.
- Design and front-end code a web-based interface to be WCAG 2.1 compliant.
- Conduct user-testing, design a MVP, and plan a roadmap for future releases and updates.
When I'm not working I like to cook, travel the world, and work with the youth. I attempt to try a new recipe once a month and travel abroad 2-3 times a year. I have worked with youth in the foster care system, helping them to get to college and pursue their dreams. My last two years in Brooklyn, I taught students in under-resourced high schools how to code in front-end languages, preparing them for paid summer interns as junior developers. I have taken on some of those high school students as interns, showing them how to take designs and code them, pixel perfect. I also volunteer my design services to local churches and non-profits.
I have been so busy lately but I write blog posts from time to time, medium articles if I'm asked the same question by various people, pictures about my work enviroment or any of my latest work on Instagram and the occassional rant and sharing of information on Twitter.